My reading list
Articles and e-books that I have loved reading and highly recommend!
Pre-marital counselling & general marriage advice :
The more I read on the subject of marriage and relationships, the more I realize how important it is to seek such knowledge. In the age of short tempers, selfish desires and spiraling divorce rates, it is very crucial to know the basic ingredients of a healthy marriage and how to nurture this beautiful relationship! Here are some very useful resources I recommend…
- Like A Garment: An e-book by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi, based on an online class he conducts, that speaks on the topic of love, care and marital intimacy – a definite *must-read* for all married couples or those looking to tie the knot.
(Videos supplementing this series are viewable here: Vid 1, Vid 2, Vid 3, Vid 4, Vid 5, Vid 6)
- Life Pepper: These articles are simple but contain excellent advice suited to our times. *updated*
- The Muslim Marriage Guide: A well-known book that is now available online too. It contains extensive advice and is a must-read for all the clueless singles heading towards married life! =)
- Sound Vision’s marriage page: One of the best guides for Muslims on the web, Sound Vision’s ongoing efforts to make marriage’s stronger and happier, are truly commendable. Check them out!
- Tips to a Better Marriage: An article by a revert Muslimah, sharing her personal tips.
- A Successful Marriage: The Missing Link: An awesome article that beautifully summarizes the “men mainly yearn for respect, women mainly need love” principle of a healthy marriage. :)